- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1 can (8 oz each) La Choy® Sliced Water Chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons La Choy® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices or pineapple slices, optional
- Combine ground beef, water chestnuts, 4 tablespoons of the green onions, soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper in medium bowl. Shape mixture into four burger patties about 1/2-inch thick. Set aside.
- Spray grill pan or grill with grilling spray. Heat over medium-high heat. When hot, add burger patties and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side or until juices appear on surface and burgers are browned. Turn and cook remaining side until no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sweet and sour sauce and the remaining 2 tablespoons green onions.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sweet and sour mixture on EACH half of buns. Add burgers plus lettuce, tomato and/or pineapple, if desired. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 burger each)|