- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 2x1/2-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (1 tablespoon = 1/2 medium)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Pour remaining 1 tablespoon oil into skillet. Cook and stir chicken with garlic about 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return onion and peppers to skillet.
- Whisk together soy sauce and brown sugar in small bowl. Add to skillet. Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Cook about 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro; drizzle with lime juice. Serve with rice, if desired.
- For a milder flavor, remove seeds and veins from jalapenos before slicing.
|Serving Size||4 servings (1 cup each)|